Thursday, February 16, 2017

Condolences with the departed soul

Another sad incident in University of Sindh
A girl lost her life due to an irresponsible drunken driver’s fault

Today when I stepped out of my house, I was feeling upset without any reason, despite the fact that the morning wind was blowing and there was a cool and refreshing weather.
As I reached my department, I heard the news that a girl is crushed in an accident near Central Library. I went there with my friends, but was unable to know about the reality of the incident and returned back. Afterwards, I came to know that the girl is died. We reached our homes and then I read that the girl was student of Physics department.
It was more depressing and shocking to know that her name was Shaista Memon. She was my school friend and we have spent twelve years with each other in a same school and same class. She was a girl of calm and frank nature. She has celebrated her birthday on February 3rd, being unaware of her death. No one was vigilant that a girl who was cutting a cake few days before will be crushed ruthlessly by a university point in her birthday month.
The driver was driving in a drunken condition. Who gave him the right to kill an innocent in such a ruthless way? Why these drivers are playing with these precious life? Why are they ruining the families of innocents?
I am going through a trembling condition. These drivers do not even bother to think that the students are precious they are just watching them as a flesh. Wherever and whenever they want they snatch anyone’s breathe.
I heard that rangers broke driver’s finger. But they cannot return back the precious life of a beloved daughter to her parents. They cannot assure life of thousands of other students studying in University of Sindh yet.
Nowadays going to university is like playing dice with death. We are not even sure if we return to our homes or not.
May the departed soul rest in peace! Aameen.



No comments:

Post a Comment